BLESSINGS IN DISGUISE
There are two major causes of miseries and sufferings in our life. One is harm, cheating, misbehavior, insult, exploitation, humiliation etc caused by someone and other is unfavorable/undesirable set back like tragedy, accidents, calamities and serious diseases etc for which someone is not responsible. These two causes of miseries / sufferings are not a curse but blessings in disguise if one thinks from spiritual point of view. These two causes which seem to be hindrances in progress of our materialistic world are in fact an aid in the world of spirituality. There are many facts/ reasons behind it provided one makes himself to believe so.
- Such tragedies natural or unnatural provide us an opportunity and environment to carry out the sadhna (practice) to control anger, hatred, and animosity and maintain piousness.
- The persons who cause harm and inflict injuries to us take our bad sanskaras on themselves and thereby help us in unburdening of sanskaras and spiritual progress.
- In spite of harm caused if we love such persons, we are loving God (Baba) as Baba saying goes like “When you start loving those whom you cannot love then you start loving Me as I ought to be loved”. The philosophy behind this saying is that God is the Real doer being present in one and all. So it is Baba who is loving and hating. He is responsible for our happiness or unhappiness and so nobody is to be blamed or hated.
- By accepting the harm and adversities in our life as God’s will, we are following one of Baba’s very important wish considered as directive saying “When you are unhappy think that Baba wants me to be unhappy and when you feel happy, think that Baba wants me to be happy”. The inherent meaning of Baba’s words are; anything good or bad happenings in our life are under God’s will, His divine plan and we have no free will of our own and our wish or will all falls within GOD”S WILL. We have no option except to accept it be with it.
- Harm caused to us anyone and adverse situations help us to test, judge and evaluate ourselves for our faith in God’s will that God is everything and doer of everything; all happens by God’s will and everything happens is for the good to balancing of good & bad sanskaras.
- Accepting miseries and sufferings as gift from God is also like purification of gold in fire or chiseling of diamond to bring out its glitter enhancing the value of gold and diamond. In the same way miseries and sufferings purifies our souls and bring nearer to our Goal.
- The miseries and sufferings bend us to seek God’s grace by remembering Him. It brings us closer to God because we remember God more when we are miserable. From spiritual point view to ask anything from God is not desirable, as only God knows as when, how, and what help is to be given to anyone who is Himself.
- Miseries and sufferings also make us realize the nothingness of the world and lessen the desires and attachment of the worldly things. This is also one of the prerequisite for progress of spiritual aspirants.
(Dr. J Kumar)