17-DISPLAY OF BABA’S MESSAGE AT BABA’S CENTRE WHERE STATUES ARE INSTALLED
Kodury Krishna Rao established Mehersthan (House of Meher) on the western banks of the Godavari River in Kovvur, Andhra, where Baba had given darshan in 1954. A life-sized bronze statue of Baba had been built and installed at Mehersthan. The opening ceremony was fixed for February 28th, 1963. Baba sent the following eight messages to Kodury to be displayed in Mehersthan:
(1) Tear away the curtain of set ceremonies and rituals and you will find that I am the Worshiped, the Worship and the Worshiper.
2) To clothe simple worship with garments of ceremony and rituals is to expose me to the cold winds of ignorance.
(3) To love faithfully the God-Man is to worship God truly.
(4) To find me here in Mehersthan, search the depth of your heart.
(5) Mehersthan is built for me with love, but I may only be found here by my lover who brings me here in his heart.
(6) As the heart is, so is the house; as the eye is, so is the Image within the house.
(7) The heart of man has always been the ancient temple for the worship of the Ancient One.
(8) Nothing can house the Ancient One that does not house love.
Lord Meher, Bhau Kalchuri, Vol. 18, pp. 6071 - 6072.