Given by Meher Baba -November, 1962
Eruch said, "Baba has given us 21 points, some not even as long as a line. They are not for the lovers of Baba, but for general use." (Given at the East-west Gathering, 1962)
He read them out and Baba elaborated on some of them:
- God is absolutely independent. The only way to approach Him is through love, constant repetition of His Name, and invocation of His Mercy.
- Mercy is God's nature (swabhav).
- Bliss is God's original state (assal halat).
- Power is God's existence (astitva).
- Knowledge is God's duty (kartavya).
- The infinite state of God gets lost in the infinite jumble of infinite contradictions.
- To know God in His infinite contradictions is to become conscious of His consciousness of His unconsciousness.
- To achieve the God-state, do absolutely nothing while doing everything.
- To find God you must find yourself lost to yourself.
- To be infinitely conscious, you must consciously lose consciousness of yourself.
- Space is the gulf between Imagination and Reality. Evolution of consciousness fills this gulf.
- Time is the interval between your very-first imagination and your very-last imagination.
- Where imagination ends God is and Godhood begins.
- Imagination is an eternal mimicry of Reality effecting the shadow-play of Illusion.
- God is not anything comprehensible. He is Reality - Consciousness - Absolute Consciousness - Infinite Consciousness.
- Realization of God is absolute Consciousness minus consciousness of Imagination. Godhood is Absolute Consciousness plus consciousness of Imagination being imagination.
- To be ever present with God, never be absent from Him.
- Do not desire union with God; but long for union till you go beyond longing for union, and long only for the will and pleasure of Beloved God.
- "Mind may die. Maya may die. Body dies and dies. But hope and thirst never die. Thus has said the slave Kabir."
- Complete forgetfulness of self is to even forget that you have forgotten.
- Complete remembrance of God, honesty in action, making no one unhappy, being the cause of happiness in others, and no submission to low, selfish, lustful desires, while living a normal worldly life - can lead one to the path of Realization. But complete obedience to the God-Man brings one directly to God.
The Awakener online Volume 9 Number 1-2 pp.59-60