3-INTERNATIONAL FLAME EXHIBITIONS OF PARSEES AT NATIONAL MUSEUM IN DELHI-28-3-2016
Parsee community may feel proud of Avatar Meher Baba born to Parsee parents of Parsee religion, which is oldest religion created by His followers known as Parsee after the advent of Lord Zoroaster who gave the teaching of “Good thought, good words and good deeds” This time He was not for the Parsees only but for all religions and sects. He said “I Belong to no religion, But all religions belong to Him. I will bring all religions like beads into one string.
Avatar Meher Baba proclaimed: “I was Zoroaster, Rama, Krishna, Buddha, Christ and Mohammad and now I am Meher Baba. In this form of flesh and blood I appear before you to be in your midst. I am not this body. My real form is Virat Swarup which I showed to Arjuna when I was Krishna. No amount of intellectual gymnastic could ever understand My ways or judge My infinite State. I am that same Ancient One who is eternally worshipped and ignored, ever remembered and forgotten. I am not here for the crowd. I am here for the individuals dispersed among the crowd who silently adore Me. I have come not to teach but to awaken. I do not change your destiny but give you strength to face the battle of life.” Love is only path which Meher Baba professed in this Avatarhood.
According to Meher Baba, “Aim of life is to love God and Goal of life is to become one with God. There is no creature which is not destined for supreme Goal, just as there is no river which is not winding its way to sea.” He also explained that every soul is consciously or unconsciously traversing the spiritual journey and heading towards God-realization. Meher Baba said every soul is trying to find the answer of the original question, “Who am I” and ultimately gets the final answer as, “I am God” after getting numerous false answers of I am this and that.
Meher Baba says, “I am the Goal and give nothing less than God realization.” I am shah Saudagar (who has full control over the business). Do not ask Me for a pin, or material things for which you may approach saints who can fulfil your desires. I fulfil your needs but not want. If you are thirsty in a desert, you need water not lemonade. So do not come to Me even with the desire of God-realization but just to love, obey and try to surrender Me as much you can. Rest I shall take care of you and your Goal. I will take you to the final destination blind-folded without any risk and pitfalls of spiritual path.”
Other saints tell you the ways and means in form of mantra, Deeksha, meditation or yoga to take his disciples near God the Goal. I have made the subject matter of God realisation so simple through love and surrender to Me. So when I am the Goal, you all come directly to Me instead try to reach Me though other forms of Mine.
Meher Baba is a contemporary personality who publically declared Himself as “Avatar of the Age” in 1954. Meherwan Sheriar Irani, later called as Meher Baba by His followers was born in Poona (now Pune) in India on Feb, 25, 1894 to a Persian parents. In 1913. Hazrat Babajan, a lady Perfect Master of that time kissed on forehead of Meher Baba, thereby bestowed Him instant God realization and made Him aware of His highest spiritual destiny. Afterwards, in year 1914, Meher Baba was drawn to other four Perfect Masters of the time namely Upasni Maharaj of Sakori, Sai Baba of Shirdi, Tajuddin Baba of Nagpur and Narain Maharaj of Kedgaon. Upasni Maharaj made him to regain His body consciousness. Meher Baba attained spiritual perfection in 1921.
MEHER BABA’S AVATARIC ACTIVITIES
1. First phase of His spiritual mission started in 1921, when He drew His close disciples who gave Him the name “Meher Baba” meaning “Compassionate Father”. After years of intensive training of disciples, in 1923, He established a colony called Meherabad near Ahmednagar in Maharashtra. Master’s work embraced opening of free school, dispensary and shelters for poor, mast ashram, bathing, clothing and washing feet of lepers and destitute. He demonstrated the real selfless service with the motto of “Mastery in Servitude".
2. Meher Baba observed silence from July 10, 1925 and continued for 44 years till dropping His body in Jan 1969. His silence is unparallel and divine. He said “This is my silent advent (Mauna Avatar) and I shall awake though My silence. His silence was divine and unparallel in history.
3. He carried out all His activities of selfless service, spiritual discourses, and messages and dictated the book "God Speaks” through alphabet board in silence. This book reveals the mystery of Universe: how it came into being, evolution (journey from stone to man) and Involution (journey from man to God through seven planes and its experiences). This book is written by Baba in present scenario to be understood by many comparable with, Zend-Avesta, Gita and Bible. Baba said Universal truth is same but it had been advocated by Avatars and prophets at different times according to exigencies of mental status and surrounding. Baba said He has resented the old wine in new bottle to attract real God seekers.
4. Important work of His Avataric mission was to contact God intoxicated souls called Masts who deserved His contact. Meher Baba contacted such souls in person, gave them spiritual push and advanced them in their spiritual journey. For this work, Meher baba travelled 75,000 miles to remote places throughout India, Ceylon and Pakistan and contacted over 20,000 advanced souls individually.
5. Another Avataric activity Meher Baba was demonstration of living a life of a spiritual aspirant with all helplessness and hopelessness i.e. living on total surrenderance to God. This period was named as "New Life" which was lived by Meher Baba and His selected disciples with all humility and weakness in search of God from 1949 to 1952. He practically begged for alms for His disciples and lived in total surrenderance to God.
Avatar Meher Baba undertook universal suffering that an Avatar undergoes voluntarily. Meher Baba was involved in two car accidents without break in His silence. One accident occurred near Prague (Oklahoma, USA) in May, 1952. The other took at Satara (India) in December, 1956.
Apart from number of fortunate advance souls and masts as mentioned above many dignitaries (approx.148), religious leaders (approx.90) were fortunate to come into contact of Meher Baba in their life time. To name few are Mahatma Gandhi, Indira Gandhi, Dr. Ambedkar, Dr, Rajendra Prasad, Dr. Radha Krishnan, Dr. C. V. Raman, Begam Akhtar, Uday Shankar, General Maneckshaw, Guljari Lal Nanda, Nari contractor, Polly Umrigar. Among saints were Aurobindo Ghosh, Godavari Ma, Kripal Singh, J N Krishnamurti, Raman Maharshi and Keshwanand.
Any small act of Avatar brings universal effect. Baba played and watched cricket. Now, one can see the popularity of cricket in the world. Dr. Ambedkar advocated on untouchability, Baba had demonstrated this in His Ashram at Meherabad in 30’s. Dr. Ambedkar was influenced by Meher Baba. Inter-caste marriages which are on rise not only in Parsees but in others religions; Meher Baba laid its foundation in 60’s by marrying His brother with a Hindu girl. There are many activities going on in the world which are after effect or manifestation of Meher Baba’s work done by Him in the past.
MEHER BABA’S DIRECTIVES
Do not shirk your responsibilities. Attend faithfully to your worldly duties, but keep always at the back of your mind that all this is Baba's. When you feel happy, think: "Baba wants me to be happy." When you suffer, think: "Baba wants me to suffer." Be resigned to every situation and think honestly and sincerely: "Baba has placed me in this situation." With the understanding that Baba is in everyone, try to help and serve others. Any kind of meditation, yoga renunciation and austerities is not necessary for My lovers. Try to remember Me constantly. Come all unto Me. be resigned to my will and hold fast to My Daman”
Be above party politics and should bear malice and ill-will toward none. Meher Baba does not advocate any rites or rituals unless it is done with pure heart and all sincerity. “Love God and become God. In order to love God love Me. I am the God personified”.
Avatar Meher Baba Prasar Kendra Delhi
Address: B-2/62, Sector-16, Rohini, delhi-110089
Mob: 09711789177, Land Line-011-24882410,
Email id: email@example.com,
Website: www. ambprasarkendra.com